Friday, 20 May 2016

Steps.

It's just ten minutes. Ten minutes and then it's midnight and your midnight run can begin. You can wait ten minutes, can't you? Of course you can. I know you're tired but you can stay awake for ten more minutes.

It's just an hour. It's just an hour and then you'll be at ten thousand steps and you can take a shower and go to sleep. You can stay awake for another hour, can't you? Of course you can. I know you're tired but it's only an hour.

It's just another twenty minutes. Look how close you are to burning 600 calories! You can run for another twenty minutes and make it to 600 calories, can't you? Of course you can. I know you're tired but you're nearly there. I promise you will be able to rest soon.

Look at how far you've come! Only eight thousand more steps until you reach twenty thousand! Imagine how good you'll feel going to bed knowing that when you wake up, you'll already be at twenty thousand steps for the day. Eight thousand more is nothing. You can do it. I know you can do it. You will be in bed soon. I promise I will let you sleep soon.

Oh, darling, look at you go. You're over twenty thousand already! You can keep going. I know you can keep going. You can get to thirty thousand before you get into bed. It's only 2am. You can run for another hour. You only wake up at seven am. That's more than enough time in bed, isn't it? Of course it is. Don't be lazy. Don't be pathetic. Don't complain. You can do it. I know you can.

Thirty thousand and forty two! Oh, my love, I'm so proud of you. But you'd better not stop on such an ugly number. You wouldn't be safe. I want you to be safe. I need you to be safe. I can keep you safe if you keep running until you get to a safe number.

Thirty six thousand! You're doing so well. You don't need sleep. You don't need to rest. You don't need food. You don't need anything. Keep going. You're so close to forty thousand. You can do it. You can run further than ever before. Don't stop now. Don't fail now. You fail at so much. Don't fail at this.

Fifty thousand. Oh, what a beautiful number. Yes, my love. Yes, you can rest now. You can sleep now. Just think; in two hours when I wake you, you'll only have fifty thousand more to go before the clock resets and we begin again.

Sweet dreams.